Why Content is Critical for Your Website
Web content includes all text, graphics, videos and audio posted on a Website. The success of your online marketing campaign comes from using relevant and fresh content on your web pages.
Fresh content is new or dynamic updates and gives your audience a reason to visit, revisit or bookmark your Website.
Websites that have fresh, engaging content experience continued success on the internet. Websites that do not update their content usually attract limited traffic which results in fewer client conversions.
Furthermore, the content of a Website must be updated on a regular basis as the search engines continuously change the standards they use to determine the rankings of a Website.
The Value of Keywords and Phrases
The keywords and phrases included in your Website, not only send a message to potential clients, but also provide critical information for internet users who are searching for a professional to handle their simple or complex matter.
Much of the hurdle in content writing is determining who will be reading it most; who is your audience. Specific keywords are targeted with the rationale that potential clients will be using them to find you.
After Advanced Web Promotion targets your specific clients’, marketing on the Internet becomes more effective as our Search Engine Specialists determine which keywords and phrases to use on your Website.
Advanced Web Promotion Search Engine Specialists have trained with SEO industry experts to determine the amount of keywords that new content should include to get optimal rankings from search engines.
How Well Executed Content Attains Page Ranking Results
Although the search engines do not disclose the criteria they use to rank Websites, our Search Engine Specialists and Content Writers are able to spot emerging trends and use them to produce an effective online marketing strategy.
But don’t be deceived: Any content writer or SEO team who guarantees top search engine results in a certain amount of time or for an indefinite time period is simply not being truthful about their online marketing strategies because search engine results will always fluctuate. No one can guarantee page ranking results using organic search methods.
A Website that is ranked number one for a particular search term may only enjoy that ranking for a particular length of time before search engines decide to change their ranking criteria.
Forums, articles and blogs providing information and discussing current issues are all examples of diversified content which are known to improve search engine page results and client conversions.
Using a diversified amount of content will increase your success with search engine page results.
Not only does fresh content drive traffic and rankings; frequent updates on Websites improve credibility with potential clients.
Content on your Website can serve as a source of information and education for prospective clients, and help develop your professional reputation within your community.
Marketing online to a specific audience requires a convincing message. Your Website, and each of your web pages, must contain a solid call-to-action.
Whether it’s reading articles on your Website or picking up the phone to speak to you, successful marketing content is both engaging and persuasive.
While your site has fresh content, it should also be properly optimized to get the best SEO results for your marketing strategy.
Advanced Web Promotion Content Writing Expertise
Content writing for an internet marketing campaign is frequently viewed as a task that must be handled in-house, but invariably the person responsible never has time to complete it or keep it updated.
The Content Writers of Advanced Web Promotion are experienced in creating powerful and persuasive Website content that gets results.
Our Content Management System allows you to update and make changes to your content if you choose to. But with Advanced Web Promotion, that is not necessary.
Let Advanced Web Promotion develop your Website content and then continue to keep it fresh and updated to remain constantly in front of the search engines.
If you are keen on launching your content writing career then you must be aware of content writing terminology. Once you have learned about the various terms used in content writing, you can then move on to advanced content writing techniques and bag a job as a content writer.
Key terms you must be aware of are:
• Backlinks – You have created a backlink, when you click on a particular underlined word and it opens to a new page. If you see/check, articles are always published with backlinks embedded in the text.
• Hourly Jobs and Fixed priced jobs – In hourly jobs you get paid according to the number of hours you have put in, in a job. Fixed priced jobs are those where you get the pre decided amount after finishing the job. These are the two types of job categories in content writing.
• Search Engine optimization – Search engine optimizations helps you increase search engine rating of your website. SEO helps improving your website’s visibility online.
• Indexing – The article will appear on search engines on when the search engine index the information in their database. Backlinks will get acknowledged only after getting indexed.
• Article spinning – Spinning the article means creating different versions of the same articles by playing around with the words. Ideally a spun article should be 60% different from the actual one. It is plagiarism, to spin the article written by someone else and post it in your name.
• Copyscape clean – There are a lot of cases of plagiarism on the internet. Copyscape is a standard tool for checking plagiarism. You need to run your text through copyscape, if your article is cleared by the tool it is Copyscape clean.
• Article Marketing – Article marketing is a particular marketing strategy that helps you increase the search engine ranking of your website. Embedded backlinks help in increasing the website’s search engine ranking.
- Use WordPress.org: I don’t have anything against platforms like Blogspot.com, WordPress.com, or Posterous.com (I have blogs on all three). But WordPress.org is what a lot of the pros use, because it’s extremely customizable and you can improve its functionality with a few plug-ins.
- Use a search engine optimization plug-in: We use All in One SEO Pack and Zemanta. Both of these let us do some additional optimization on our articles, which is something the other blog platforms don’t do as well.
- Choose 1 – 2 keywords or phrases per post: Stick with the mantra, “one idea, one keyword, one post, one day.” This post is about the keyword phrase “blog writing techniques,” and nothing else. Not about choosing topics, not about winning readers, not about whether video or photos help with readership, it’s just about how you actually write posts. By doing this, I not only boost my SEO efforts, but I don’t overload people with information.
- Write catchy, dramatic headlines: Your headline needs to be catchy, interesting, and compelling. Include phrases like “10 Secrets” or “5 Tips” to fire peoples’ interest. Also, be sure to use your exact keyword phrase in the title for better SEO.
- Use keywords in your anchor text: If I’m writing about blog writing techniques, I need to link that phrase to another article about that phrase (which I just did. Sneaky, huh?).
- Watch your keyword density: Density means the percentage ratio of keywords to copy. This particular article has about a 1% keyword density (1 keyword every 100 words). If the number is below 1%, search engines might not realize what your post is about. Anything over 2 %- 3% could be seen as keyword stuffing, and the search engines could drop you. Shoot for 1.5% – 1.99%. Divide the number of keywords by the total number of words to figure density.
- Automate your cross-posting: Use services like Twitterfeed.com and Ping.fm to promote your posts to your Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn accounts, and 40 other social networks. It will save you several minutes every time you publish a post.
- Use analytics to determine how your effectiveness: This lets you see where your traffic is coming from, what brought them there, and how long they stayed. You may learn that a particular keyword is getting a lot of traffic, so you write about that topic again. Or that a particular website is sending a lot of traffic, so you work to get published on that site again. I like Google Analytics for solid analytics.
- Publish your blog 2 – 3 times a week: Everyone who starts blogging has great intentions, but life intrudes and this resolution gets broken like it’s January 3rd. If you want to excel at blogging, you must write more than once a week. Schedule an hour a day to write, or schedule a three hour block, and write all your posts in advance.
- Become a fast writer: Writing fast means being able to find the best words and assemble 400 of them in 20 minutes. If you can’t do this, focus on those things that are holding you back, and work to overcome them. Being able to write fast will also help you publish more frequently.